Sunday 12 January 2014

EDITING: SOUND

When looking for sound clips from films it was actually harder than I thought to get the exact quotes that I wanted as actually there was often a lot of background noise or music in the clips and it just didn't fit well together. I then thought about filming some of my own clips to go with some of the ones that I'd found but I wasn't sure how it would sound together.

I started to think about the feelings that I want to convey to the audience when viewing the piece and I want it to be quite an overwhelming feeling to work with the amount of products but contrast against the slow and still nature of the imagery and so that was when I thought about instead of having the quotes all next to each other but to overlay them so in some cases you can hear what is being said but in others you cant. It will sound really frantic as though a lot of people are talking and I think it will work well with the visuals. The more you watch and listen to the piece the more you will notice what is being said. You will notice the small things, all of the different details, which works with the products. If you actually looked at it to notice all of the different details then the more you look at it the more you would notice it, instead of looking just at the drawers as a whole you are looking at the details individually which would work in the same way as the sound if you kept listening.

What is being said: it is going to be a mixture of positive quotes like 'you are beautiful' and more negative ones like 'she is fat'. The contrast of these will work well with the idea of wanting to be beautiful, and the way that they don't want to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment